Alto 1 – Edvard Grieg Kor
Published September 30, 2019, updated January 19, 2020.
Written by admin
Internationally acclaimed a cappella ensemble Edvard Grieg Kor (EGK) have a vacancy for the 1st Alto position. EGK are looking for a singer with a flexible voice who could facilitate all aspects of our varied and challenging repertoire, including a cappella, orchestral and operatic productions.
Edvard Grieg Kor is Bergen’s professional classical vocal ensemble, consisting of 8 singers in 70% salaried positions. The primary focus is a cappella singing, along with the important artistic collaborations with Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra and Bergen National Opera, for whose productions EGK provide the professional choral element and expand the group to 16-32 singers.
In addition to the busy performance schedule, the eight EGK-singers also work closely and regularly with the young singers across our six children and youth choirs that form the basis of our talent development program.
The choir is permanently resident at Edvard Grieg’s home Troldhaugen in Bergen. Bergen is Norway’s second largest city in a culturally vibrant region, and home to the Bergen International Festival. EGK singers are required to reside in Bergen in order to carry out the professional obligations of the group, and they are expected to gain a reasonable grasp of the Norwegian language within the first year of employment.
- Minimum master’s qualification in voice at conservatoire level or similar
- Experience in ensemble singing at a professional level
- Competent sight reading
- Good language skills (English, German, French, Italian)
Pay and conditions:
- 70% salaried position with pension
- Working hours vary depending on the project schedule
- The normal working year is from 01.08-30.06 and can include weekends and bank holidays
- Vacation and holiday pay according to standard Norwegian standard regulations
- Application, CV and biography including relevant education and professional experience
- Video that is maximum 3 months old of the following repertoire:
- “Erbarme Dich” from J.S. Bach’s Mattäus-Passion BWV 244
- A lied/art song of free choice (should contrast with the Bach aria)
The first audition round will be based on the submitted video.
The second and final round of auditions will be held on February 6th and 7th 2020 in Bergen, for which travel and hotel expenses will be paid by EGK (The applicants would have to arrive in Bergen on the 5th of February).
Application, CV and link to video to be submitted to email@example.com within 02.12.2019.